In 2020, it was calculated that there are around 13.7 thousand food and beverages services in Singapore, including restaurants, fast food outlets, food caterers, cafes, food courts and other eating establishments. Being faced with such a huge variety of choice, have a look the following 10 tips and tricks that will ensure that your restaurant experience is a great one:
1. Plan ahead: Take some time to research the restaurant's menu and reviews before you go. This can help you decide what dishes you might want to try and can also help you get an idea of the atmosphere and dress code.
2. Make a reservation: If the restaurant accepts reservations, it's always a good idea to make one. This can help you avoid long wait times, especially if you're visiting during peak hours.
3. Use Waitrr QR ordering system: If the restaurant has a Waitrr QR ordering system, take advantage of it! You can order ahead of time, customise your orders, and split bills easily without waiting for a waiter to come to your table.
4. Ask for recommendations: If you're not sure what to order, ask your waiter for recommendations. They can often suggest popular dishes or help you find something that matches your preferences. Same goes to those using Waitrr's QR ordering system! Chef specialities and promo dishes will be highlighted on the menu.
5. Don't be afraid to ask questions: if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, be sure to ask your waiter about the ingredients in certain dishes or if they can be modified to fit your needs.
6. Share dishes: If you're with a group, consider ordering a few different dishes and sharing them. This can be a great way to try a variety of items and can also help keep costs down.
7. Avoid peak hours: If you're able to, try to visit the restaurant during off-peak hours to avoid long wait times and crowded spaces.
8. Be patient: Even with a reservation or QR ordering system, it's possible that you may still experience some wait time. Remember to be patient and enjoy your company while waiting. Browse through the menu with your friends/colleagues/loved one and decide what you would like to try first!
9. Pay attention to specials: Some restaurants offer daily or weekly specials that may not be on the regular menu. Be sure to ask your waiter if there are any specials that day.
10: Leave feedback: If you had a great experience, leave a positive review or tell your waiter. If there were any issues, be sure to provide constructive feedback so the restaurant can improve.
Overall, following these tips and tricks can help ensure you have an enjoyable restaurant visit. Using the Waitrr QR ordering system can be a time-saving and efficient way to customise and split your orders, while being patient and flexible can help make your visit less stressful. Don't be afraid to ask questions, try new dishes, and enjoy the atmosphere to make the most of your restaurant experience.
Contact Waitrr here to find out more!